Monday, March 28, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (Blog 22)

FRESH START TODAY – Humble Yourself?

1 Peter 5:6-9, Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. NIV


The topics have been a humbling experience for me in that I do not feel worthy!  When I begin to write I never know what thoughts are coming out of my head.  Yesterday at church I heard a wonderful sermon by the Senior Pastor where we are attending and then I became very depressed afterwards. We are going to be leaving for the summer to be Campground Hosts in Northern Arizona and I will truly miss the church.  We will not be able to attend church for the next seven months due to the fact that we work every weekend.  Marty told me yesterday that we are no longer church leaders and he encouraged me to accept this transformation in our life.  My heart tells me that as long as we are alive we will be given opportunities to serve the Lord and love His people.  The roaring lion is keeping us inactive, but is He really?  Do I need to humble my heart more under God’s mighty hand?    Maybe you have had some of these same feelings?  I know that they do not honor the Lord Jesus Christ, but are self serving! We need to cast
all our anxiety on Him because He care for us.  We are to be self-controlled and alert!

My greatest gift is being able to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  I will be reading my Bible, praying for you, my friends, and talking with people that the Lord may bring to the campground that needs encouragement.  Jesus did tell us to go into the entire world and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We will be on mission with Jesus.  The roaring lion attacked me yesterday and now I know that he did.  We owe Jesus Christ everything!  I will pray for the wonderful believers at the church as we leave and I am asking for God’s blessings and protection.

When I read the Psalms of king David I am reminded that he often was frustrated when he began a Psalm and then at the end he was praising the Lord. His heart was human and needing the gentle guidance of a loving God.  When you cry out to God He knows what our heart needs in times of weakness.  (Psalm 142)

The part of the Scripture that I am encouraged by is that God will lift you up in due time.  We will find joy in the presence of a Holy God and how He lifts you up is His choice.  You know that it is the activity of God when a blessing comes that is unexpected.  You cannot out give what the Holy Spirit wants to do through your life.  When He is in control then you witness the power of Jesus Christ, because He is the ONLY one that changes a heart.  I have been praying for my son’s heart to change and his estranged wife, so now I will sit back to watch the activity of the Holy Spirit.  Right now it does not seem that there is an answer coming, but it has to be God’s timing.  Do you have a loved one that is suffering?  Pray for them first to be reconciled to God and then to change the circumstances just enough that they will know that God’s Holy Spirit is real to them in their life.

My personal prayer is that Marty and I will be able to continue to serve the Lord according to God’s will and plan.  I miss my husband’s preaching, but I have tapes that I can listen to and still be blessed.  He is awesome, but maybe it is because I love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment