Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (Blog 14)

 FRESH START TODAY – You cannot change the Past

I began praying this morning and the Lord reminded me quickly that many people have traumatic experiences in their lives that keep them in emotional and spiritual bondage.  Those memories could include the loss of a child, a parent, being a victim of a crime, being abused or our military in a war zone.  The trauma brings them to the memory over and over again.  These kinds of past memories are very hard to let go of without professional help.  There is a saying that time heals everything, but that is not always true.  Why am I bringing up these possible memories?  Let me say up front, I am NOT a professional counselor and I respect those people that have been trained.  My blog is meant to help, with the power of the Holy Spirit, to view another way of looking at the past spiritually.  We all have some negative memories that we have not let go of that can be healed by viewing the traumatic experience of Jesus. His passion for us is not just that He died on a cross, but it goes deeper than these simple words.

There are two books that I have read, that began my journey on the message on the cross of Jesus Christ.  Max Lucado was the author of both of these books.  I keep one with me called “He Chose the Nails”, and the other one is called “The Grip of Grace”.  In the book called “He Chose the Nails”, the author goes through the details of the death of Jesus, the mocking of the crowd, the decision of death, the torture, the cross, the crown of thorns, the nails, the garments taken by the soldiers, the wine-soaked sponge, the two other crosses on either side of Him and the burial cloth.  Jesus Christ did all of this for you.  You may ask, “Did He really choose this extreme trauma for me?  Why?”  This is called the GRACE of Jesus Christ.  He was fully man and fully God, but He died as a man.  What was in this powerful, gracious, wonderful and loving man’s heart?  The heart of God who loves His people!  He understands any trauma you may experience.

Many of us will trust a person who may have experienced the same disappointments that we have had and survived to tell you that healing is possible.  This is why we have professional counselors and people with the wisdom that comes from God.  When we rise above our past memories it is much like being lifted out of a dark pit into the light.  We cannot change our past, but we can choose to have a fresh start today with God’s help.  We can find His Wisdom in the Word of God. (Philippians 3:13-14)

“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” NIV

Yes, He has taken hold of your heart and God sees the heart of all that belong to Him!  May I encourage you to look deeper into the cross of Jesus, and then you will gain more wisdom about the heart of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment