Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (11th Blog)

There is a saying that says 'Today is the first day of the rest of your life.'  So......Do you need a FRESH START?  I know that I do every day.  We can wake up deciding that we are going to have a positive relaxing attitude and be opened to encouraging others, or we can go the other direction.  What is your choice?  I decided to read the scripture for this week when I first awakened (Col 3:12-14) and it blessed me.  I guess the topic is to have compassion, be gentle, be humble and to have patience.  I am to forgive others as the Lord has forgiven me?  This is sometimes very hard to do if you have truly been hurt by the negative actions, attitude and words of another person.  We all can say, if we have lived very long, that this has happened to all of us, because it is the very nature of living in a dark world.  I would rather gravitate to the light for instruction rather than accept the dark ways of the world.

We sometimes dig into our emotional closets of the past and find memories of people's words that have hurt us.  Why do we really want to remember those experiences?  Do you realize that we remember the details of what we think was said rather then what was really said at times?  Marty and I had a conversation recently when I said something he said that he does not remember saying in the phrasing that I stated.  He stated what he really said in the context from which it came and it made clear sense to me, because I was NOT emotionally reacting to him when he repeated it.  Our emotions lie to us and the enemy of God takes advantage of our emotional status and words get misunderstood!  This happens frequently when we read the Bible.

Have you ever tried to justify something in your mind by quoting a scripture?  WARNING!  Do not just quote a scripture to make your point on a subject.  The scripture passage this week is an example of how rich the word of God really is in dealing with the need of our attitudes to be like Jesus Christ.  The book of Colissians is wonderful!  Chapter 3 starts out by saying "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God."  WOW!  I recommend that you read on through the entire chapter and then you will come across the focal passage that brightens the meaning of this powerful scripture!  You will see the bigger picture of God's Wisdom!  In fact, I recommend that go back and read the entire chapters of the focal passages of every scripture that I have asked you to read during the past three topics.  None of the focused scriptures are out of context of what has been said.  That is how you determine that it is truly from the Holy Spirit and NOT human interpretation

Surrender to the truth of God's Word and pray for understanding.  He will show His truth and help you through the changes that need to be made in your heart.  The Word of God is like a two-edged sword, which is found in:

Hebrews 4:12, For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment