Thursday, March 24, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (Blog 20)

FRESH START TODAY… Does Jesus strengthens you in the good times?

Philippians 4:11-13, Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:  I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. NKJV

Do you believe that God can strengthen you in the good times, or do you just call on Him when you are weak?  I am asking myself that same question.  The Word is talking about our physical circumstances that we face through our lifetime.  Jesus Christ is the only one who can give us strength through the struggles and jubilation times in our life!  Why would we want Jesus Christ to give us strength in times of great joy when are experiencing being well fed?  Do we tend to forget the loving Savior when are experiencing great joy?  Do we say, “Oh, look what I have done?”  God gave the gift of life to us and all good things come from Him as believers. 

I remember when we owned a beautiful home in Las Vegas, NV and we had just had it remodeled.  I would sit in what I called my prayer chair and praise the Lord for what we had been given.  My eyes would roam across the room and see a beautiful room of pictures, flowers on the walls and the new furniture we had just purchased.  I finally had the china hutch I had always dreamed of having one day.  I praised Him on a daily basis, but I always stated that He meant more to me than these material blessings.  Marty and I decided to sell our home and furniture to buy a 5th wheel and travel.  This was a dream that we wanted.  We traveled for about 10 months, and then Marty was called to be the pastor of a small church in Nash, OK.  We knew that God wanted us there even though it might be for a short time.  We received many blessings, but also struggled with not being totally accepted in the community.  In the eyes of some people we were considered outsiders from “Sin City” who had invaded the area, so we left after 3 years of ministry.  I look back now and know that the lives we touched were God’s plan of healing some hearts.  We left part of our hearts with those we grew to love in the Lord.  May the Lord continue to bless these special people!  The two books that have been published came from the time we lived in Nash.  Was my relationship with Jesus more than gold to me?

When we are given much then much is required as stated in this next scripture.  (Luke 12:48, From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. NIV)

We need the strength and wisdom of Jesus Christ during the times of jubilation, so that we do not fall into the snare and temptation of the devil.  Pride is a human downfall and we sometimes forget to praise and honor the Lord when we experience great wealth and honor.  Let us never forget to draw on the strength of Jesus Christ in all situations in our lifetime.  The Lord may never ask you to give up your materials blessings.

The fresh start today message is not to be prideful of the blessings that you receive, but be thankful for the relationship that you have with the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the one who will give you strength in all that you do. The Scriptures say, “I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment