Sunday, March 6, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (12th Blog)

Our computer has not been working for the last few days, so I have not be able to write a blog. My thoughts are being drawn to the scripture for this past week, which is found in Colossians 3:12-14, Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. (NIV) 

I had a friend of mine tell me that it was boring for me to tell you what the scripture means, so I will allow the Holy Spirit to open your heart to His Wisdom!  This week I have attempted to read the scripture daily.  I wanted to be open to the Holy Spirit's heartfelt desire to teach what He wants me to understand.  These words of Wisdom has gotten me through some rough times and has blessed me. 

There may not be very many people reading this blog, so to those who are reading this blog I want to share my heartbreak!  Our son who was recently married on October 23rd is experiencing separation and has received a signed petition for divorce from his young pregnant wife. I do not know what happened and I attempted to intervene to minister to this young wife.  I was wrong, because I do not know her nor do I know the spiritual condition of her heart.  Our son, on the other hand, I do know and he is angry at God for allowing this to happen.  There is nothing I can say that can change his bitter heart towards the God that I love.  He has grown up believing that God answers prayers that way He wants God to answer them.  He states that all he has ever wanted was a family and to be married the rest of his life to one woman. This is his third marriage and possible divorce.  He keeps saying that God does not care about him and he is going to turn his back on God permanently if his prayers for reconcilation does not happen with this marriage.

I have been reading the scriptures and the Holy Spirit has given me a forgiving heart through this time.  I have been praying for both our son and daughter-in-law to first be senitive to God's touch of love and acceptance for each of them as individuals.  They both must realize that they both have rebelled against God and admit their wrong to Jesus Christ.  Maybe neither one of them are truly saved.  I do not know that, because I cannot look into their hearts like God can. I cannot tell them that, but the prompting of the Holy Spirit can and through the prayers of His HOLY and BELOVED people a miracle would be experienced.  As a believer I must trust in the power of the Holy Spirit to reach their hearts, before reconsilation can be possibly happen between these two people that are in disagreement with each other.  I am asking for your prayers.

We have real life experiences like this and Jesus told us that we would all have tribulations while we live in this dark world.  You may have experienced this kind of trouble, but the WISDOM of God gives us guidance.

In John 16 Jesus was speaking to His disciples about His coming death and the promise of sending the comforting Holy Spirit who would remind them of everything that He has shared while He was with them.  Jesus told them that He had much more to say to them, but at the end of the chapter He finalized this statement to the believers.  John 16:33, I have told you these things, so that you might have peace.  In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (NIV)  We must accept this truth, as believers, by faith.  May God bless you and thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties your son is facing now. I will be praying for him and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete