Saturday, May 14, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (Blog 34)

FRESH START TODAY… Where is your heart?

Col 3:1-4, Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. NIV

I am asking this question of myself, “where is my heart?” more than I am asking you. This weekend has been very busy with the start of the real camping season due to the heat in the Phoenix starting to climb. People loose their common sense when they camp sometimes, so I get impatient with attitudes. My heart sometimes struggles with having my heart on things above. Do you? Marty says that believers are out of balance at times because they are so heavenly minded they are of no earthly value. That does not sound very positive, but we do live in the world. People are not heavenly minded at times. There is a popular saying “What would Jesus Do?” but you have to read the Scriptures about all the encounters He had with the public to really get an answer to the question. He was passionate most of the time, but He did get frustrated at times, too. When people kept asking for signs and miracles He questioned their faith in the matter. We bless the Lord by trusting and having faith in what He has already done for us. Our Salvation, as believers is the greatest gift we will ever receive, but we do not seem to be satisfied due to the challenges we face every day. I am thankful and know that to wake up every day to a new beginning is a wonderful gift.

When I write these blogs they seem to put me back into the balance of what the Lord wants me to experience as a believer. I know that I struggle with my humanity daily, but to place the circumstances in the light of the bigger picture helps me to have a heart to serve and love the Lord in the challenges of each day. This is part of the reason I encourage you to write in your journal via computer or a notebook, so that you can see the activity around your own life. He is alive and desires you to know He loves you each and every day.

We received a wonderful email from a friend who has not written to us in a long times and she blessed our hearts in what she said. You never know where those special blessings will come and it usually is the prompting of the Holy Spirit at just the right time. I praise the Lord for a FRESH Start every day!

We belong to the Savior and we have been hidden in the heart that is pure and Holy! We have been raised with Jesus Christ and are joint heirs with Him! Oh, my, my answer just came to me as the Lord brought to my mind these next Scriptures. I just told you that I was frustrated at the public’s attitudes? Well, here is my answer!

1 Peter 2:9-12, But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. NIV

The Lord is great!!!!! He sees the heart of those that believe and He will give an answer for us when we set our minds on things above.

No comments:

Post a Comment