Sunday, May 1, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (Blog 31)

FRESH START TODAY… Happiness can be yours!

Phil 4:4-7, Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. NIV

It is not the responsibility for other people to make you happy! It is a choice that you make for yourself. Rejoice in the Lord always? You do not have to rejoice in the negative circumstances that happen, but rejoice in the Lord! How do we rejoice in the Lord? This study on “Fresh Start Today” has gently been guiding you and me to this point of rejoicing. In last week’s Scripture we learned to repent by asking God to create in you and in me a pure heart. He will answer sincere prayer requests such as this one because it is not self-centered, but God centered. Our Holy God is totally pure in heart and He is pleased with believers that have made a choice to ask for His help to accomplish this wonderful request. The trials you may be facing will strengthen your relationship with God if you continue to rejoice and let your gentleness be evident to all. Oh, my, do I ever need to learn to not be anxious about anything! Do you have that problem? We are to pray for our need(s), but we are to thank Him at the same time for hearing our prayers. This Scripture is powerful!

I have been ill for a while wondering what the outcome would be and have been anxious about it. I have prayed and thanked the Lord for His presence in my life. I have prayed, thanking Him for His answer(s). I remember just recently when I wrote that God is in control and that settles it! I did not really think about what I wrote until I remembered the prayer that Jesus prayed just before He was crucified when He said “Not my will, but thine be done!” He experienced the greatest amount of stress any human being could ever experience, but Jesus trusted God the Father’s plan. Oh, to let go and let God work through your life as He chooses is difficult, but the outcome is supernatural beyond what you could ever do on your own. I am beginning to feel better and I praise the Lord for His healing and your prayers.

In the second week I ask you to begin to Praise the Lord! Take the time to do this every day as you learn the balance of the reality of life in having a relationship with God and the people around you. To Praise the Lord will lift you through any circumstance you are facing even when you do not feel like praising the Lord. The same is true in rejoicing in the Lord!

There are three more weeks of topics to finish this study. I have only been able to write one blog for the last three weeks do to my illness and the work schedule here as a Campground Host in the Rim Lakes Aspen Campground in Northern Arizona. I would like to hear your testimony about what the Holy Spirit has been doing through your life and not just mine. Have you been keeping a journal as you have worked through these Scriptures each week? What has the Holy Spirit been saying to you? Has your mind and heart been changing? The Scripture this week says that God will guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ! Do you believe that He does and will? Will you begin FRESH today to believe! Read the Scripture every day this week and surrender to the truth of what is being said to you. Remember that God does see the heart! He is waiting for your response to His Words of Wisdom and making the choice to be happy. “Rejoice in the Lord always!”

No comments:

Post a Comment