Friday, February 25, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (8th blog)

This will be my last blog on the topic of thinking about others and their interests before I start next week's topic.  I am no different then any of you in that I think about myself before I think about the care of other people.  Here are some of my thoughts and some of them may be selfish.  You may identify with these thoughts, or you may not.  I am sensitive and am easily hurt by actions and words of other people, and that is a form of selfishness.  Some of my best friends that I have had in my life are people that told me what I have done to hurt others and/or hurt myself was wrong.  They were never sympathic to my self pity, but I knew they loved me.  Then there are others who are evil and that is never accepted.  We live in a dark world.  Henry Blackaby (Author of  "Expereincing God..Knowing and Doing the Will of God") once said that people of darkness are only acting like they know how to act and that the people of light need to gently guide them to a new understanding of God's truth.

I have lived having dreams and attempting to make myself known to the world as a person who has some answers to people's problems.  I am NO one that has all the answers, but I know who does and He can be traced all through the 66 chapters of the Holy Bible.  His name is Jesus Christ, who became human so that man could have an understanding of what Almighty God was like in His character and love for humanity.

I am writing this blog to reach out to other people and NOT to make a name for myself !  I have been doing some serious thinking about that and here are my thoughts.  Who do you remember by name and why do you remember them?  Martin Luther, Billy Graham, Martin Luther King and/or Charles Stanley?  These men were and are men of great faith, but life has not always been easy for them.  They have chosen to make Jesus Christ know to a dying and dark world.  Marilyn Monroe, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby and/or Kevin Costner? They are identified as being intertainers.  What about being known to our children, grandchildren and friends?  Is that enough? You are my friend and you may be the only one reading this blog.  You are special to me and to the Lord Jesus Christ.  In the book I wrote "God Sees the Heart" I have mentioned that the little things in life can be the most precious to others.  If I have said anything that has encouraged you then just pass the encouragement on to other people.  You owe me nothing!  My identity is found in Jesus Christ! My prayer is that your identity can and/or will be soon found in Jesus Christ!  He has a plan and His plan to work through your life is the best plan in the world!

Remembers Philippians 2:4, "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment