Saturday, February 19, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (5th blog)

I am going to address some hardships for this blog today.  It sometimes seems like good things happen to the enemies of God and bad things happen to the good at heart in this world.  Marty and I have been called poor white trash by a sister-in-law and manipulators by a family that my son married into recently.  This family has never even met us personally.  Where do these statements come from when we have reached out in love to these people?  We desire people to know and love the Lord.  Our son is very hurt and angry at God, so what is happening?  It would be be so very human to strike out and become bitter at this point, but I cannot!  I keep being reminded to praise the Lord and here are the scriptures that reminds me of His wisdom.

Romans 12:17-21, Do not repay anyone evil for evil.  Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.  If it possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay, says the Lord.  On the contrary:  "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.  In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.  (NIV)

When you begin to praise the Lord in difficult circumstances He gives you His wisdom because your heart is open to His instruction.  Humanly speaking these scriptures do not make any sense, but spiritually we are reminded that Jesus Christ knows the heart.  I personally am going to turn my hurt and disappointment over to the Lord, forgive these people for these accusations and leave them in God's capable hands.  If the Lord wants to bless them, so be it, if He wants to discipline them, so be it, if He wants to save them, so be it, but that is His choice.  I truly believe that God has more experience with working with the human heart then any of us ever will.  I wrote a book called "God Sees the Heart" and it barely touches on the power and wisdom of God and what the scriptures will reveal to those who believe.  This wisdom come from the Holy Spirit to the human heart.  He is the comforter that Jesus Christ promised to His followers.

Praise the Lord for His majesty, GRACE, mercy and unmerited love!  I love the Lord, because He first loved me.  Our difficult circumstances do not compare to the torture and painful separation from the God the Father that Jesus experienced on the cross for us.

If you are having difficulty with difficult people then maybe this scripture is a reminder of how we, as believers, should respond.  May the Lord bless you as you praise the Lord today.

2 comments:

  1. Lenni, God is using your past blogs to speak to me today! I have been struggling with the end of a friendship this week. For some reason she became very bitter towards me recently and has shown me a side of her I never knew existed. It has been very painful and although I have been very careful not to fight back I have at times felt like I should say what I am thinking just to get things done and over with so I won't hurt anymore. But I know that that is not the way God would have me react to her. I have been leaning on Him for strength and support and asking him almost every hour to hold me up under all of this because I can't hold my self up any longer through this. Thanks you for blogging Lenni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reminded that Jesus went through more rejection then any of us would ever experience! He said from the cross, "Forgive them Father for they do not know what they are doing" (paraphrased) My suggestion to you is pray blessings on your friend and leave her in God's Hands....May God bless you...

    ReplyDelete