Thursday, February 17, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (4th Blog)

I remember many dreams that I desired to accomplish in my lifetime.  I look back and the ones that were accomplished were blessings that the Lord allowed to happen.  His plans have a way of changing our desires.  I remember, as a teenager, I loved to sing.  I had practiced singing as a young girl in the basement of my parents home for hours, so my mother started me taking lessons with a vocal teacher at the age of 10.  I had a stutter due to being hard of hearing, so this corrected my speech.  (I had major surgery just before my 10th birthday!)  This beautiful woman of faith worked through the Lord's Prayer with me for about 3 years until the diction was correct while all along she was teaching me to pray.  My heart sang out to the Lord privately, but there was something very wrong with my attitude when I began to desire to sing publicly.  Several times God gave me opportunity to sing publicly and I sensed His approval.  But....The music should have totally been about glorying Jesus and not LENNI..He allowed me to be embarrassed a few times and I noticed that I was seeking people's approval.  I recently have been studying about GRACE and how important it is to seek our identity in Christ alone and not in trying to find our identity in becoming someone people will approve of or look up to.  He is the one doing the work through our lives that will assist in changing others we may meet.  We need to praise Him daily and leave our hearts open to His plan(s).   Do I still sing?  Yes, privately to the Lord, because He is my greatest fan..I sing to Him to open my prayer time with Him, which I will do after I write this blog.

What does this have to do with FRESH START?  The dreams you had in the past need to be placed at the foot of the cross, so that Jesus will have the freedom to do with them as He chooses.  He may surprise you, in His time, to invite you, through the power of the Holy Spirt, to do something you never thought possible.  He guided me to write books and I am NOT a writer!  I am simple in my writing, but that is who I am in Jesus Christ.

Please, read again Psalms 145:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment