Friday, February 3, 2012

FRESH START TODAY - (Blog 42)

FRESH START TODAY – Learn to Fly Like an Eagle!

Isaiah 40:31, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint NIV

This morning as I praised the Father in Heaven I began to remember the Old Testament stories of how God communicated, provided and desired a relationship with His people. He spoke to Moses, Gideon, Jeremiah, King David, Samuel and the list goes on and on. In the book of Hebrews names are mentioned to honor the people of faith. As I prayed I began to thank the Lord for His written Word. When we search the scriptures we can find the very nature and personality of the God of the Universe. He related to mankind in a personal way through centuries, as people were inspired to write the stories of their relationship with the living God. King David poured his heart out to God through the music of the Psalms and we learn about a God that loves the music that comes from a dedicated and faithful heart.

The scripture that I am relating to today are the words that my son used to put all over His wall when he was a teenager. People gave him gifts of eagles. I truly believe that my son hung on to these scriptures for many years as he suffered through many disappointments in his life, but there is a deeper meaning I have now come to understand.

Just recently I have been studying lessons by Kay Arthur on “Teach Me to Pray” and she encourages believers to fly spiritually! She said that by reading God’s Word daily and praying is like the power of the wings of a bird. You cannot fly without both wings being in motion. A Fresh start today gives us the opportunity to soar as eagles as seek the face of the living God through reading the Word and praying.

I mentioned in a previous devotion that God did not give me breast cancer, but allowed it only to draw me closer to Him. Through the trials of treatments I did become weary at times, but the presence of the Holy Spirit abounded through my husband, friends and family in their prayers and encouragement. I have renewed my strength and feel better physically then I have in several years. I owe my dedication and my praise to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit for blessing me with healing. I am honored to bring Glory to God and He deserves the best that I can offer Him in being available to bring others to the truth of what Jesus Christ has done for mankind. When we experience the trials that God allows us to experience we can grow to know the heart of God.

Reading the experiences of those that have gone before us we realize that human nature doubts from time to time. Jonah (he ran from God) and Job (lost his family and all his earthly riches) are examples of trial and many doubts. The Lord blessed those he loved at the end of their trials and they grew to know nature of our God. Job was humbled to the majestic God that revealed His wisdom and power to him at the end. Sin is forgiven, but there may be consequences of sin we must endure for us become more like Jesus Christ.

Our hope must be in the Lord to receive the promise of renewed strength. We take flight like the wings of the eagle as we take time grow in faith through reading God’s Word and talking to the Lord daily. I have learned that doing things for the Lord is not what He desires, but growing to know Him and His love is what blesses Him the most. I remember that God wanted to provide, give land flowing with milk and honey and have a relationship with His people when they fled slavery in Egypt. He has not changed His desire for His people today. We need to trust His heart and have a desire to know Him.

Jesus Christ has been given the believer GRACE that we cannot earn, but is a gift from God the Father. He has provided the sinner a way to become pure before a Holy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment