Saturday, July 9, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (Blog 36)

FRESH START TODAY … Decide today to seek God’s will!

Genesis 50:19-21 Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. NIV

On April 25, 2010 I wrote in my Bible along side this scripture, “God does have a bigger plan than we could ever imagine in our lifetime!” I had stopped writing in my blog for a while due to not feeling well and I did not understand the reason for me wanting to close the topics on FRESH START TODAY. A dear sister in the Lord said, “No, you cannot stop because I need more!” That was said to me on Facebook just before the diagnosis that I had breast cancer. When Marty and I were driving home after the first doctor’s visit God gave me the above scripture. The story of Joseph is about a hotheaded young man that saved many lives after being broken through trials. Have I ever been a prideful person? Yes, friends and family. I have been prideful and this attitude does not please the Lord. But my question is why would God pour out His magnificent GRACE on me?

June 3, 2011 - I walked into the Community Clinic in Heber/Overguard, AZ to see a Nurse Practitioner to have a breast lumped checked. He immediately scheduled a mammogram and an ultrasound in Show Low, AZ. These tests lead to a biopsy and the dreaded diagnosis I feared, “breast cancer”. The surgeon was chosen, and a modified radical mastectomy was performed on June 28th along with the start of breast reconstruction performed by a plastic surgeon immediately following. All these procedures have been done with no health insurance coverage. The bills are starting to come in the amount of about $30,000.00 so far with Marty and I having a monthly income of $1,700.00. The State Medicaid program has denied coverage, because we earn too much to qualify. The maximum allowable income is $613.00 a month. The chemotherapy has not yet started because I still need to heal from the surgery. My appointment with the Oncologist is scheduled for July 19, 2011. Yet I am at peace! I have received the prayers of hundreds of people and I feel them every moment of every day! I have received calls from people from almost every church where Marty and I have served over the many years. I have had God’s Kingdom people lay hands on and pray for me that do not even know me. One of Marty’s colleagues where he attended at Golden Gate Baptist Seminary drove from Payson, AZ to pray with me before I went into surgery. I have had opportunities to share Jesus Christ and His Grace to many people. I am more filled with God’s love than I have ever experienced. The world cannot understand the kind of peace the Lord told His believers they would have if they put their trust in Him.

Thank you all for the encouraging emails that Marty and I have received… I am sure there will be rough days ahead, but the unity of God’s people is my answer to this spiritual crossroads.

No comments:

Post a Comment