Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FRESH START TODAY - (Blog 29)

FRESH START TODAY... What do others think of you? Does it really matter?

Colossians 3:23-25, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism. NIV

I have struggled most of my life thinking about what other people may think of me. The truth is that they probably do not think of me at all like I think they do in the first place. Some may have opinions, but they truly do not know my heart. You have heard the saying that you can’t judge a man, or woman, unless you walk a mile in their shoes. I am down physically right now, but my heart tells me to write something that would glorify God! I have been praying this morning asking myself why the Lord has allowed me to be suffering physically right now and His answer is “He is in control” and that settles it! He has brought to my memory, after speaking to a sister in Lord last night, that the devil has a personality and he wants to be God. The whisper of his lies began in the Garden of Eden tempting people to want to be in control and to be the god in their homes, their work and their church. Did you notice that I said in their homes, their work and their church? Who gave you your home, your job and who is the Head of the Church? Satan has whispered his words to those who want to be in control, and isn’t the church suffering like I am physically right now? (I need your prayers...) What is the answer? Who really has the answer? The church needs a Spiritual revival!

The Scripture today is amazing! Whatever we do, work at it with all of our heart, as working for the Lord and not men’s approval. We need to think more of the Lord Jesus Christ in our daily life. The pity party attitude does not glorify the Lord, but hinders the work of the Lord in furthering His Kingdom. The Holy Spirit will place you in leadership as He chooses, if you maintain a humble attitude and loving heart as Jesus Christ’s example has passionately given us to follow. His love for humanity looked beyond their weaknesses and He still does today. He saw what we could become through His eyes of mercy that would lift us up in His time. Do we allow people’s opinions of us to keep us from doing what the Lord is gently guiding us to do that would reveal Christ in us? The spark of the Holy Spirit will light the world where we live when we take the truth of the cross to the world where we individually live. Make a fresh start today to accept the truth of what God desires you to understand regarding this Scripture for this week. I really recommend that you pray the Scripture placing your name where it says “you” and keep a journal. The activity of the Holy Spirit is present in all true believers of Jesus Christ. Work to glorify the Lord and you will receive His inheritance that He desires for you to have as a reward for your genuine service to Him. Do not seek men’s approval. I have tried to do this and it does not work.

I asked myself a question as I was praying today and that is “Who has truly blessed and encouraged my walk with the Lord”? It has been people who were not afraid to share their weaknesses in order to bring the victory that the Lord has given them. Their testimonies were never “look at what I have done”, but look at the wisdom God gave me through His work at just the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment