Saturday, September 1, 2012

FRESH START TODAY - Who Gives Wisdom? (Blog 50)

FRESH START TODAY – Who it is that gives wisdom to mankind? – August 31, 2012 By Lenni Nordloh Job 38:36, Who endowed the heart with wisdom or gave understanding to the mind? NIV As I began to write this morning I reminded myself that God is truly in control of the entire universe. I look at the book of Job and think about all the trials that he had to face because God gave Satan permission to attempt to weaken Job and his faith. God knew the heart of Job. Job was a caring, giving, materially rich man, but he was rich in faith. The trials were difficult for Job that he faced and he began to curse the day he was born and asked God to end his life. Job had three well-meaning friends that tried to give him counsel regarding his state of mind and condition. They felt that sin was the reason for all the tragedies that he had experienced. Then in a booming voice God began to speak to Job. Basically he said where were you when I laid the earth's foundations? Then he went on to say who marked off the dimensions? Reading through the conversation that God had with Job is amazing! Then I come to the Scripture when God said “who gave understanding to the mind?” God spoke so profoundly to Job. God made it clear to Job that he was the creator of all things. Job was humbled! Job could not give an answer to any of the questions that God asked. I, too, have been humbled by the prompting whispers of the Holy Spirit that has been spoken to my heart. Through the years as I have walked by faith, failed sometimes, but I have began to grow to understand the heart of God. He prompted me and let me know that I was special. In the flesh I have struggled with a fairly poor self-image. It may have been because of my handicap. It may have been because of my mother's attitude towards me at times. It may have been because the enemy has lied to me. It may have been my own sin. When I became a believer in Jesus Christ, accepting the death and resurrection of the faithful actions of Jesus to redeem my heart, the Holy Spirit began his journey to teach me the wisdom of God's heart. God sees people in a different light than we see ourselves and others around us, because of his deep love for humanity. God is a parent, an eternal Father! God wants the best for us. Jesus Christ wants a relationship with us. The Holy Spirit wants to speak to us personally and bless us. The Holy Spirit has revealed a truth to me that moves me beyond what I can tell you. God has blessed me with knowledge that I never expected. He has endowed me with wisdom that I want to share that should encourage others in their faith. I have to ask myself, Lord what is the message? Does God want people to trust Him? The Holy Spirit started my personal journey by prompting me to research my genealogy. Why? Do I really need to share what I have found? It may look like I'm trying to glorify myself and I don't want that. My heart tells me that I need to glorify God. My heart tells me that I need to share how God still works through humanity to reveal himself. Is Jesus coming back soon? Do believers need to take more seriously the message of Jesus Christ and reveal that Jesus does work through humanity? I have to ask myself if Jesus were walking the face of the earth today would we know who He was and follow Him? What about Ruth’s commitment to follow Naomi’s God? What about King David, who was called a man after God’s own heart? What about Joseph of Arimathea, who gave his burial tomb to bury Jesus Christ? What about the pastors that stand in the pulpit in you’re church on Sunday mornings and share the truth of God’s Word? What about the sister in Christ the puts her hand on your shoulder and tells you how much God’s loves you when you are suffering through difficult circumstances. What about the writers who share their heart's experience as they reveal their relationship with God to you? What about you? Are you special to God? Does God want to work through your life to make this a better world to live in? An assignment given to you by God will always be a BIG assignment! A smile may be all that is needed or praying for that person on the spot when you sense they need prayer. The people of Israel spent 70 years in captivity in Babylon. Why? I believe they decided that they were going to be self-sufficient with out having a relationship with God. Neighbor was against neighbor. Sin and disobedience had gone wild. Man took pleasure in destroying man. Believers in Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit lifts each man higher than themselves. A believer in Christ shares their homes, their wealth and their wisdom to those that God brings into their path. Is God preparing His judgment on the United States if the people do not turn their hearts towards a Holy God? Women, are we supposed to support our Spiritual leaders through prayer? Men, are you to encourage your spiritual wife? The Bible has recently become a deeper message from my biological and spiritual family to my heart. God works through the sinful man that surrenders, in humility, to sharing God’s message. Were these people perfect? No! God himself is the one that is perfect! Without him we could not breathe, without him we could not speak, without him we would have no purpose, without him we would have no hope, and without him we would have no future. As believers we need to spend time in prayer, spend our money spreading God's word and being serious about drawing closer to the God that loves us. This devotional may be my last one for a while, because I have been convicted by God's Holy Spirit to continue rewriting some chapters on “Simply a whisper.” This last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer and God wonderfully and graciously healed me. “Simply a whisper” is a book that needs to be written so that God will be glorified. I'm asking for prayer partners to join me as I pray and seek God's wisdom. It is time. Will I say something nobody else has said? I don't know. The only thing that I know is that God’s Holy Spirit wants me to write a message through me. I want to thank you for reading the devotionals and commenting that they have touched your heart. I may write one, once in a while, but I need to focus on the next book. Crossroads publishing company has asked me to submit it but they desire a financial commitment. They said that maybe other believers would want to partner with me on this project. I believe that once the book is written the way God wants it written, I won't have to worry about who the publisher should be or the money. Right now, I just want your prayers and that God would be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment